Yvonne Y. Ho
Partner at Bracewell
Yvonne Ho’s practice focuses on appeals and original proceedings in Texas and federal appellate courts. Yvonne has been recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Texas Super Lawyer in civil appellate law (2013-2016) and received the Rising Star Award from the University of Houston Law Alumni Association in 2014. She is also a frequent author and speaker on appellate issues, and previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable Ewing Werlein, Jr., in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the Honorable Thomas M. Reavley, in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
In addition to handling appeals, Yvonne represents clients in ongoing, high-stakes litigation matters, by assisting trial counsel with formulating legal and evidentiary strategies for winning cases at the trial court level. A key part of her practice involves writing dispositive motions, preparing jury charges and preserving error at trial.
Yvonne volunteers her time to local bar activities and to her law school. She has co-chaired numerous Houston Bar Association committees whose projects include citywide book, diaper, and clothing drives, efforts to improve employment opportunities for minority law students, and mentoring opportunities for young attorneys. Yvonne also serves on the Board of Directors of the Houston Law Review and the Houston Law Review Alumni Association.
• University of Houston Law Center, J.D. 2006 summa cum laude, Valedictorian
• University of Southern California, M.M. 1995
• Rice University, B.M. 1993
• Houston Bar Association Co-Chair, Judicial Polls, 2016-17, Campaign for the Homeless, 2015-16, Professionalism Committee, 2014-15, Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession, 2013-14, Lawyers for Literacy; Council for Federal Practice, 2014-17; Ambassador, 2013-15
• Houston Law Review Board of Directors Vice President
• Houston Law Review Alumni Association Board of Directors Board Member, Past President
• Texas Bar Foundation Fellow